Chocolate Candy Bar Layer Cak Don’t we all love the chocolate candy bar layer cake. The dense texture of the baked cake makes our mouths water. It is the best treat for your sweet tooth craving. You can never go wrong with this cake no matter how hard you try. Let’s begin!
Level of difficulty: Easy
Total Time: 3 hrs 15 min
Active time: 45 min
Ingredients for Chocolate Candy Bar Layer Cake
- One-Bowl Chocolate Cake Batter (See the Chocolate Layer Cake Recipe)
- 8 ounces semisweet or milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup finely chopped Heath bars or other candy bars, plus large pieces for topping
Directions for Chocolate Candy Bar Layer Cake
- You need to make one bowl of Chocolate cake batter and bake after that you need to follow our instructions for the layer cake.
- Getting your frosting ready: Foremost you need to melt the chocolate, you can either do that in a microwave oven or you can do it on simmering water. I prefer the latter. Once melted you can let it sit and get cool a bit. Now add the cocoa powder with vanilla and stir it in a bowl. Moving on to the fluffy part, you need to add butter and salt and beat it on medium speed in a large bowl. After 1 to 2 mins of beating it will form a fluffy and smooth texture now you need to add the melted chocolate and combine them by beating it. Once mixed add the confectioner’s sugar and beat until it’s smooth. Now that the fluffy mixture is ready you can add the cocoa mixture we made and increase the speed of the beater to mid-high for about 2 minutes. Until it gets fluffy and smooth again.
- Assembling Chocolate Candy Bar Layer Cake: Put one layer of the cake, cut side downwards, and add the 1 cup of frosting over the layer and spread evenly, as even you can. Now sprinkle the chopped candies on top of the frosting and on top of that put the second layer of the cake. Put the remaining frosting on the second layer of the cake and spread it all over.
How To Make Chewy Brownies How do you like your brownies? They tend to fall … Read more